Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Last of the Essays from my 2017-1 English Composition Class


Hi, everyone,

This is the last of the essays my English Composition I students wrote for their writing project. I hope you enjoy Sandy's piece. How do you like it?

My Yard
By Sandy Pichardo Bonilla
Nowadays, people are so focused on cell phones and social networks that they don’t stop to look around and see all the beautiful things nature has to offer them. My yard is a perfect example of those beautiful things. It is an interesting place to visit. It has a lot of diversity, which can take people out of their daily routine, and the stressful lives they are living. It can be the best place for people who want to see deferent things and enjoy all the beauty that God had created. There, you can have the chance to feel yourself, and see how different you are from others. People go there to see its magnificence and enjoy all this things it has to offer. My yard is one of the most beautiful ones.
First of all, in my yard there is a diversity of trees and grass. There, you can find a lot of cocoa trees with beautiful green leaves all around the house. Also you can see many orange trees, whose fruits are delicious and you can use them for eating or making juice. There are many palm trees and mango trees, wich are very tall and beautiful. You can see many other types of trees such as coffee, bananas, avocado, lemon, guava, sapodilla, and pear trees. All this variety of trees provides a great view to the house and a refreshing breeze that comes from them. There is grass, which is perfect to sit down to observe nature and feel the calm in your heart. If you visit my yard, you won’t want to get out of it due to its beauty and the diversity of trees and grass.
Besides the green area, my yard has a diversity of wild life. When you go to my yard, the first things you can see are some dogs, including two little ones, which spend the whole day playing on the grass and barking to everyone they see passing by. Also, you can observe many ducks taking baths in a little pool. They spend their days looking for earthworms in the mud, hunting insects, and eating all kinds of plants they find. There, you can see many hens with their little chickens walking all around the yard and removing the fallen leaves, looking for insects to feed their babies. Also, there are some roosters, which like to fight for the control of the henhouse. Besides, you can observe many lizards climbing trees, fighting with each other, and hunting insects to survive .You have the chance of watching how the spiders make their webs to catch all the insects that try to pass through them. There are many ant colonies. You can see them carrying food for the rainy days. Furthermore, you observe that they protect their colonies and that they are very organized. There are other animals such as turkeys, horses, cats, and so on. You can also see hundreds of birds flying everywhere and making beautiful sounds.
Although green area and wild life are important parts of my yard, the way it is decorated makes it one of the most beautiful ones. First, there is a path that guides you to the porch. This path was made with cement and blocks. Before entering the path, there is a wooden door. This door was made with sticks having a little space between them. It is painted in white and covered with zinc to protect it from the rain. There, you can see beautiful grass at both sides of the path, which makes it more beautiful. Second, it is surrounded by a line of little trees that were planted with the purpose of avoiding big animals to enter the yard to damage the grass. Third, the entire house is surrounded by a roadway. This roadway was made with cement to protect the basis of the house and provide it a better view. In this roadway, you can sit down to enjoy the fresh breeze and observe the trees and animals there. There is a garden in front of the house with a great diversity of flowers in deferent colors and sizes. This is the most beautiful thing you will see there. In this garden, you can see many animals that make it more lively and beautiful. For all these reasons, I consider my yard one of the most beautiful ones.
 The yard is what makes my house more beautiful and the place where I can get in touch with nature. The most amazing part in my yard is the green area, where I can sit down on the grass to see all the beautiful trees. Another beautiful part of my yard is the wild life which makes it livelier. Finally, the decoration is what makes it very different from others. The yard in my house is the perfect place to relax and be in touch with nature. If you want to get out of the daily routine, and forget about your problems, my yard is the perfect place for you.


San Francisco de Macorís 2017

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading Jazmin Ramona's essay. It so well oeganized and she has clear and interesting idea about Manuel Tavarez Justo's life. One thing that called my attention from the essay was how she describes his childhood. One important fact that I learned is that he did not have a Long political life. I found Ramonas essay too interesting

    ReplyDelete

SUMMER WRITING IN ENGLISH AT UASD

Hello, everyone,  During the summer of 2023, my English Composition I class wrote about their favorite places. Here are four of their best p...